What am I making?
COCONUT MARGARITA PIE
USE 1800 COCONUT INFUSED SILVER TEQUILA
1 Envelope Knox gelatin
1 c. granulated sugar
4 Large eggs, separated
½ c. Fresh lime juice
¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. Lime zest
1/3 c. Coconut silver tequila
3 TBSP. Grand Marnier
1 9” graham cracker crust*
2 c. Fresh whipped cream
1 c. Toasted coconut flakes
1. Mix gelatin,1/2 sugar and salt in a small sauce pan.
2. Beat the egg yolks and the lime juice together in a small glass bowl. Add this to the gelatin mixture and cook over low heat until the gelatin dissolves. About 5-7 minutes.
3. Remove the mixture from the heat and put into a medium glass bowl. Add the tequila, grand marnier and lime zest. Stir well. Put in refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes or until the mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon.
4. Meanwhile make the crust from my graham cracker crust recipe. Cook and cool.
5. Next: beat the egg whites and remaining ½ cup sugar until stiff. Fold the whites into the lime curd mixture and gently mix until the color is even.
6. Pour the mixture into the pie shell and refrigerate until firm. 5 hours or so.
• GARNISH THE PIE TOP WITH STIFFLY BEATEN WHIPPED CREAM SWIRLED INTO SOFT PEAKS. SPRINKLE TOASTED COCONUT OVER THE TOP.
• GRAHAM CRACKER PIE CRUST
• THREE PACKAGES CINNAMON GRAHAM CRACKERS
• 1 ½ CUPS MELTED BUTTER
• 1 CUP TOASTED COCONUT FLAKES
Process the graham crackers in the food processor until fine. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add the melted butter and coconut. Mix well and add a bit more butter if needed to hold the crumbs together. Press into a glass 9” pie pan and bake for 8 minutes.